— INGREDIENTS —
Ghee 1/2 cup
Onion 2 (grinded)
Garlic 1- 1/2 tbs
Red chili powder 1 & 1/2 tbs
Salt 2tsp or to taste
Turmeric powder 1tsp
Water 6-7 cups
Whole spice powder 1/2 tbs
Fresh coriander (for garnishing)
Green chilies (for garnishing)
Ginger (julienne) (for garnishing)
— DIRECTIONS —
1. Wash and clean trotters.
2. Take a large pot, heat ghee and add onion (grinded), fry until light brown.
3. Add ginger paste, garlic paste and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add trotters and give it a good mix and fry for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add red chili powder, salt and turmeric powder and sauté for 5 minutes.
6. Add yogurt and mix well until oil separates.
7. Now add 6-7 cups of water and cook on low flame until done around 3-4 hour.
8. Add whole spice powder and put it on simmer for 10 minutes or until desired consistency.
9. Mutton paye is ready, garnish with fresh coriander, green chilies and ginger.
— REFERENCE —