— INGREDIENTS —
— for dabeli stuffing —
2 tsp butter / oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp chaat masala
1 cup water
2 potatoes, boiled
salt to taste
1 tbsp tamarind chutney
few coriander leaves chopped
— for garnishing —
2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
fistful of masala peanuts
few coriander leaves, finely chopped
fistful pomegranate seeds
— for layering —
6 tsp garlic chutney
1/4 onion, finely chopped
6 tsp tamarind chutney
butter for toasting
1 cup sev
— DIRECTIONS —
— dabeli stuffing —
1. firstly, in a large kadai add butter / oil and saute onions till they are golden brown.
2. furthermore, add chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala powder and chaat masala.
3. saute on low flame for a minute.
4. then add a cup of water.
5. also mash boiled potatoes and mix well.
6. furthermore, add salt to taste and water if required.
7. give a good mix and mash with a potato masher.
8. additionally, add tamarind chutney.
9. also add coriander leaves and give a final mix.
10. transfer to a plate and start layering.
11. lastly, layer with onion, masala peanuts, coriander leaves and pomegranate seeds.
— dabeli —
1. firstly, cut the pav in between without breaking into apart.
2. furthermore, spread garlic chutney on one side and tamarind chutney on other side.
3. also place some chopped onions.
4. and a spoonful of dabeli stuffing.
5. then toast on both sides with some butter,
6. after that, roll dabeli over sev, coving the edges.
7. finally, serve it immediately with some green chutney and garlic chutney.
— REFERENCE —