Clay Pot Braised Chicken with Ginger
— INGREDIENTS —
1 Chicken Breast
1 small Ginger Knob
1-2 Chili Pepper
1 Tbsp. chopped Shallots
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
2 Tbsp. Fish Sauce
1/2 tsp. Dark Soy Sauce
2 tsp. Sugar
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2-3 Tbsp. Water
1-2 tsp. Dark Soy Sauce
— DIRECTIONS —
1. Mix well and cover with plastic wrap for at least 1 hr.
2. Peel and cut 1 small Ginger Knob into strips. Then set aside. Cut 1-2 Chili Pepper.
3. Marinate the chicken by add about 1 Tbsp of Ginger Strips. Add 1 Tbsp. chopped Shallots.
4. Add 1 tsp. minced Garlic. Add some sliced Chili Pepper. Add 2 Tbsp. Fish Sauce.
5. Add 1 tsp. Oyster Sauce. Add 1/2 tsp. Dark Soy Sauce. Add 2 tsp. Sugar. Add some Black Pepper.
6. Mix well and cover with plastic wrap for at least 1 hr.
7. After 1 hr. add 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil into pan. Add 1 tsp. chopped Shallots. Add 1 tsp. minced Garlic.
8. Add in a few strips of Ginger. Saute for a few seconds. Add in the marinated chicken. Let it cook for a few minutes.
9. Using medium high heat, add it into a clay pot. Add in 2-3 Tbsp. of water in the pan to rinse it. Pour the water into the clay pot.
10. Let it simmer. Add in 1-2 tsp. of Dark Soy Sauce and a few more Ginger Strips. Continue to let it simmer until cooked.
11. Once it’s done add more chili pepper and some black pepper if you’d like and serve with family meal.
— REFERENCE —