Best Garlic Shrimp
— INGREDIENTS —
2 lbs SHRIMP
1/2 cup OLIVE OIL
1/2 cup GARLIC …or as much as you like (finely chopped)
1 tsp RED PEPPER FLAKES
2 tsp PAPRIKA
SALT and PEPPER to taste
3-5 Tbsp LEMON JUICE
1/2 cup PARSLEY (chopped)
sliced BREAD for sure, dude
— DIRECTIONS —
1. Peel and devein the shrimp (save the shells and heads to make a stock!)
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat.
3. When oil is hot, add red pepper flakes. Red pepper flakes add a nice heat, but substitute fresh peppers, or even a little cayenne if you like.
4. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Use as much garlic as you like. I prefer lots of garlic. I literally used an entire bulb. It seems like a lot, but the oil and garlic taste great with thick slices of fresh bread.
5. Add the shrimp, and continue sauteing on medium high heat.
6. The shrimp only take about 3 minutes to cook. Don’t overcook the shrimp; they will become rubbery if cooked overly long.
7. Add paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
Warning: Allow the eggplants and beef mixture to cool down before moving on to the next step.
8. Saute shrimp until JUST cooked, when shrimp begin to color and curl, then remove the skillet from the heat.
9. Add lemon juice and fresh chopped parsley.
10. Mix well and serve in a bowl with thick slices of fresh bread.
— REFERENCE —